Katherine Griffin is an Emmy Award winning editor-writer-director from Bloomington, Indiana. Her screenplays have been semi-finalists in the Nicholl Screenwriting Fellowship, Zoetrope Screenplay Competition and Tracking Board Screenplay Competition. Her spirited adventure living in her car while making her first indie feature The Innocents was profiled in the Los Angeles Times. The Innocents was subsequently listed as one of the twenty best dramas in Phil Hall's 'Encyclopedia of Underground Movies: Films from the Fringes of Cinema'. In a review for Film Threat Magazine, Hall stated: "Griffin has a remarkable style, with intelligent dialogue that flavors a subtle direction."
Katherine has always had a passion for acting, writing and directing. She attended the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, and studied film in the Bay Area, then entered the Pacific Conservatory of Performing Arts in Santa Maria to continue her education in acting and directing. It was there that she began to write screenplays.
Jon Bachmann is an Emmy Award winning editor-writer-producer from Northern California. His screenplays have been semi-finalists in the Nicholl Screenwriting Fellowship, Tracking Board Screenplay Competition, and have won awards in the UCLA Screenwriting Program including the Nate Wilson Joie de Vivre Award. An early interest in storytelling lead to his first award for fiction with the Villa Montalvo Young Writer's Competition while still in high school.
Jon moved to Los Angeles and co-founded Styopa Films where he has developed and produced a number of award-winning independent films including The Innocents, (listed as one of the fifty most memorable indie/underground dramas in Phil Halls' book: Films from the Fringes of Cinema), and Use As Directed.
• • • ROSE COLORED WORLD, a 4 minute short film written & directed by Katherine Griffin and produced by Jon Bachmann and Emilia Arau is screening in NewFilmmakers Los Angeles 2015.
• • • BUTTERFLIES & LIGHTNING is a Semi-Finalist in the Zoetrope Screenwriting Competition 2015.
• • • For the third year in a row, our screenplays have placed in UCLA's Professional Program in Screenwriting competition.
• • • Our screenplay for THE REVENGE is a Semi-Finalist in the NICHOLL SCREENWRITING FELLOWSHIP.
• • Our screenplay for ALL THE DEVILS ARE HERE has advanced to the semi-finals of the Final Draft screenwriting competition, and has been listed among the TOP 25 thriller screenplays in the Tracking Board screenplay competition 2014.
• • We are happy to announce that we have sold our latest award winning short film USE AS DIRECTED to SHORTS INTERNATIONAL.
• • We are developing several exciting projects and will keep you informed as they come to fruition.